Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Gift!

Friday I was still idealess on what to get Mardell for his first Father's Day and just figured I would settle on a card. I had found several very creative ideas but all of them took time and money and in our house money = diapers, formula, and graduate school! Thank goodness I have a wonderful sister who decided to share her crafty gift idea with us and invited the girls and I up for a mini photo shoot. Saturday morning I loaded up the girls and we headed to Blue Rapids to visit Aunt Dava and their cousins.

Dava had bought wooden letters and glitter foam so we were ready to begin. While we had all four grandchildren together we also made a father's day gift for Papa Dave. Trying to get pictures of all four cousins holding different letters was an adventure. Charlie had fun riding around the yard on his John Deere tractor while Emma was very interested in trying to eat grass. Malia and McKenna were having a competition to see who could spit out their binky the most... I think they were even awarding points for who could spit it the farthest - extra points if it hit the ground! :)

Thank goodness for the help of Nana who ran around chasing, holding, and loving on whoever was not being photographed! After all of the pictures were taken Dava and I had a short amount of time to get the pictures loaded, sized, printed and put into frames before they had to leave for a birthday party.

I've decided that this is the perfect gift to give every year to show how much the girls are growing. After the old pictures come out I will put them in a scrapbook with the year they were taken. Yearly neck ties are out and yearly pictures are in! :) I'm looking forward to seeing how the photos will change throughout the years.

All-in-all it was a very BUSY and eventful morning but the pictures and gifts turned out great! Here were how the other gifts turned out:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutest idea ever! =)