Monday, June 20, 2011

Bows Galore

The girls already have too many bows and headbands. I was keeping all of them in the same tub in their room but it was beginning to get impossible to find what I was looking for and I was forgetting that we even had some of them. Once again I stole this idea from my brilliant sister who made these to hang in my nieces nursery. I bought several different sizes of wood embroidery hoops and different colors of ribbon and was ready to begin.

I was a little worried about the amount of hot gluing that was required since I have a pretty good record of burning myself but surprisingly I didn't get burnt once!

I absolutely love how they turned out. Not only are they functional but they will look great on the nursery wall. They are small enough that I can fit them beside the closet and I was even able to add a little more green to their room! The only bad thing about this is now Mardell knows exactly how many bows the girls have... and he knows how many hoops I made. The plan was that I could make more hoops as I buy more bows but I'm not sure that will work now :)

For now all of the flowers that the girls have for their headbands will have to stay in the tub because there is not enough wall space or hoops to display all of those {yes, they each have one of every color}! Anyways this craft was quick and easy - I was able to finish it in two evenings and that's with the constant sticking binkies in mouths every 5 minutes! Here is a picture of my finished project:

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love it! I put mine on one of those boards with the ribbon that you place pictures in. Works well.

BTW - if you don't already have an idea of what to do with the headbands, decorate a Quacker Oats circle container with scrapbook paper, mod podge (or whatever it is) and then stick them all on there. I've seen them on a couple craft blogs I follow. Love them!

Mrs. Jankord said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Jankord said...

Very cute! I need to make one (or some ;) of these for Siddalee's bows. And not that it looks like you need too many more... but just in case www.haloheaven.com has good prices on bows/flower clips etc. You should check it out!