Thursday, April 21, 2011

Arrival: Two Precious Girls



Malia Ranae and McKenna Marie have arrived

Sunday, around 11:00, Mardell and I left the house to head to the hospital to get a quick check-up. Luckily we stopped for an early lunch on the way in because we ended up staying. We were shocked to find out that the babies had decided to come a little early but luckily we had everything in the car -- the first time I think I've ever planned ahead and it paid off!

When they came in to give me my epidural I made the joke that the girls needed to hurry up or they would end up having their own birthdays... little did we know. At 11:30 p.m. it was finally time to head to the OR for delivery. It took them about 15 minutes to get set up and ready and by 11:55 p.m. SUNDAY Malia was born. A short 14 minutes later McKenna arrived - at 12:09 a.m. on MONDAY. Two babies - Two birthdays!

Both babies are doing great and are absolutely PERFECT. Malia was 4 lb 13 oz and McKenna was 5 lb 6 oz. We still haven't been able to leave yet but hopefully we will be able to bring the girls home soon. I know Mya & Ellie will be ready to love on these girls!

A quick Thank You to everyone for the kind words, thoughts and prayers - they are much appreciated!

No comments: